Google Sheets Add-On ¶
The Google Sheets Add-On is a premium one, you can buy it on our landing page. Thank you!
The Google Sheets add-on allows you to connect multiple Google accounts to Easy Forms and enable automatic data sync between the two platforms. Enabling this integration allows to receive real-time form data in Google Sheets. This integration can be set up for existing sheets or tabs.
Smooth Automation ¶
Quickly and easily send form data into your Google Sheets account when a form is submitted.
Map Fields To Columns ¶
Easily map Easy Forms fields to any Google sheets columns. Columns don't need to be together.
Granular Configuration ¶
Select to which spreadsheet and to which specific worksheet (tab) save the data.
Avoid Duplicates ¶
Avoid duplicates by checking for Unique fields. E.g. Email addresses.
Only Store the Data You Need ¶
Do you need to fill data in the fourth and fifth columns only? Done!
Conditional Logic ¶
Control opt-in and only add data when a certain condition is met.
Install Google Sheets Add-On ¶
The Google Sheets Add-On installing process is very simple, same to any other Add-On. To install the Google Sheets Add-On follow the documentation to install an Add-On from the Add-On Manager.
Set Up a Google API Console Project and Oauth Client with your Google account ¶
To do this, you must follow these steps:
- Go to Google Developer Console and create a New Project.
- Go to Library side menu and search Google Sheets API, open it and click Enable.
- Go to Library side menu and search Google Drive API, open it and click Enable.
- Go to OAuth consent screen, enter you Application name, enter example.com in Authorized domains then click Save button.
- Go to Credentials, click Create Credentials, select OAuth Client ID, select application type as Web application, click Create, enter anything in Name, save https://example.com/addons/admin/authorized in Authorized redirect URIs, click Create.
- Copy Client ID and Client Secret from newly created application.
- Click Save & Authorize, if appears App is not verified error, click show advanced and then Go to App.
- Now, go to Easy Forms > Add-Ons > Google Sheets > Global Settings.
- Paste the Client ID and Client Secret and click Save.
Note: Don't forget to use your domain name instead of example.com
Set Up a Form ¶
To set up the integration between a form and Google Sheets, you must perform the following steps:
- Go to the Add-ons Manager and click on Google Sheets.
- Click on the Set Up a Form button.
- Click on the Authenticate button. You will be redirected to the Google consent page to grant access to the application.
- Now enter your Google email and password, and then click on the Allow Access button. You will go back to the Create Sign Up Form page.
- A form to configure the import will appear.
- Name: Enter a name for this integration. Used to identify this configuration in the system.
- Form: Select the form to integrate.
- Spreadsheet: Select the Google Spreadsheet.
- Sheet: Select the Google Sheet.
- Event: Select the event when a Form Entry should be saved in Google Sheets.
- Status: Enable / Disable this configuration without loose the information.
- Conditions: Use this tool to filter the entries based on their values
- Map Fields: It's composed of:
- Form Field: Choose the form field.
- Sheet Column: Choose the Sheet column.
- Click Save
Now when the form you selected is submitted, it will automatically send the data you have selected to the Google Sheet you have configured to receive data.