Limit Choices Add-On ¶
The Limit Choices Add-On is a premium one, you can buy it on our landing page. Thank you!
This add-on allows you to limit how many times each choice on a choice-based field may be selected (e.g. Radio Buttons, Checkboxes, Select List). Exhausted choices will get a custom message to prevent users from being able to select the choice for future entries.
Apply limits to all choice field types ¶
Supports Radio Buttons, Checkboxes, Drop Downs, and Multi Selects.
Use a custom validation message on each option ¶
You can define the error message that you want to show when the value selected choice is exhausted.
User-friendly back end controls ¶
Enable limits with a single click. Apply limits to choices with ease.
Know how many times an option has been selected ¶
See how many times an option has been used and how many selections are available quickly.
Install Limit Choices Add-On ¶
The Limit Choices Add-On installing process is very simple, same to any other Add-On. To install the Limit Choices Add-On follow the documentation to install an Add-On from the Add-On Manager.
Set Up a Form to Limit Choices ¶
To limit choices in a form, you must perform the following steps:
- Go to the Add-ons Manager and click on Limit Choices.
- Click on the Set Up a Form button.
- A form used to configure the limits will appear.
- Form: Select the form to validate.
- Status: Can be:
- On: Enable limits
- Off: Disable limits
- Field Mapping: It's composed of:
- Field: Choose the field to be limited.
- Choice: Choose the field choice to be limited.
- Limit: Set the limit. It must be a positive number, for example 100.
- Used: It's the number of times a choice have been used. It must be a positive number, for example 50.
- Available: It's the number of times a choice can be selected. It must be a positive number, for example 50. This number should be below than the Limit. When it is 0, the choice can't be selected.
- Message: The custom error message that will be displayed when the Available number is 0.
- Click Create